Home > Events > Swimming > Jax Sheko Challenge
Date: 9 July 2016 (Saturday)
– Registration at 12:30pm Big Wave Bay, Shek-O
– Race start: 2 pm
Location: Start at Big Wave Bay and finish at Sheko Back Beach
1) Solo (1 person): Swim (2.2 Km) or Run (8.5 km) or Paddle (9 km)
2) Team (2 persons, one person per race): Swim + Run or Swim + Paddle or Run + Paddle
3) Trisolothon (3 persons, one person per race): Swim + Run + Paddle
(Note: Paddle race – only outriggers or surfskis are allowed. Sorry that we are not providing rental service. Kindly please note. thanks!)
After party: Beach water polo, music and food will all be at the Back Beach.
Race briefing note: DOWNLOAD << IMPORTANT
|Map & Instructions||Map & Instructions
|Map & Instructions
Registration (coming soon)
– All participants are requested to sign a “Waiver of Liability and Declaration” before the race.
– For participants under the age of 18, parent or guardian consent letter is required.
– Participants taking part in the event act solely on his / her own discretion and at his / her own risk. The Organiser accepts no responsibility, nor liability, for any accidents of whatever kind, causing death or injury, or for any damage or loss of personal property during the race.
All participants must ensure that they are in good health and not suffering from any condition which may render them not recommendable for participating in this race. Participants are advised to undertake adequate training and to consult medical advice from doctors if they are in doubt of their health condition prior to taking part in the race.
Inclement Weather/ Conditions Warnings
The race will be CANCELLED if
– Typhoon Signal No.8 or above is hoisted at any time from 12:00 noon on 8 July 2016; or
– Typhoon Signal No.1 or above is hoisted before 6:00 am on 9 July 2015; or
– Amber or Red or Black Rainstorm Warning is hoisted any time after 10:00 on 9 July 2016; or
– Thunderstorm or Landslide Warning be hoisted at any time after 10:00 on 9 July 2016; or
– Should the above Inclement Weather / Condition Warnings be raised after the commencement of the race, the organizer has the right to change the course distance or arrangement or to stop the race. If the race is being stopped, the race will either be cancelled.