“The Five” Open Water Challenge
• 5km Open Water Swim – Stanley Blake Pier to Repulse Bay.
• Finish of the race will coincide with the Beach Festival held at Repulse Bay inconjunction with Southern District Beach Council which includes activities such as Beach Water Polo.
- Date: Sunday 9th November 2014
- Time: 9 am
- Anticipated Completion Time
10 am First swimmers due in
11am Last swimmers due in
Swimming at 2min 100m pace will get swimmers finishing in 1hour 40 mins
- Race Venue
Start Stanley’s Blake Pier
Finish Repulse Bay on the beach
1st Male and Female: Prize valued at HK$6,000 each
2nd Male and Female: Prize valued at HK$3,000 each
3rd Male and Female: Prize valued at HK$1,000 each
- Race Schedule
7:30am Race Registration Opens + Bag Drop Area Opens 8:40am Race Brief 9:00am Race Start 11:00am Race Finish 4:00pm Awards Ceremony + Awards Dinner
Swimmers are not allowed to swim breast stroke or backstroke, and will be disqualified and removed from the course if found doing so, unless under emergency situations when it is allowed.
Other Relevant Info
• Bad Weather Policy – In case of typhoon or heavy rain (Red/Black) race will be cancelled and rescheduled to back up date